Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Celebrating Baby G in Missouri

Last weekend we made the trek back to Missouri for a Springfield and a Kansas City baby shower, celebrating Baby G. This weekend started the series of "lasts" for the Colorado-Gilstraps, our last flight and our last Missouri visit with out a baby in tote!

Words cannot describe the joy and happiness of being surrounded by so many amazing women, who have each impacted my life at various points in my life, and that will be loving, supporting and encouraging role models in my daughter's life.

I'll try not to get too emotional here, but I feel like over the years, God has brought each individual into my life at just the right time, maybe when I needed her most or unbeknownst to me, when she needed me. That moment was the beginning of a life long friendship, with some friends I talk to on a regular basis or some friends I haven't seen in years, but each holds special place and significance in my life and in my heart. And as a soon-to-be-mother with a little daughter on the way, it was so powerful and filling to have all of these women together in the same room, to share in this special life moment and to celebrate the new chapter I am beginning becoming a mom! Baby G and I are so incredibly blessed and fortunate to be surrounded by these women, and it will mean so much to me to be able to introduce her to each family member and friend.
Julie's Cousin Stacy and Baby G's Great Granny Darlene
A Little Zeta Love in Springfield!


Balls for Baby G's Ball Pit - oh my!


Could we really go without having Chief's apparel? Not a chance!
The Duvall girls and the Kansas City shower host, Annette Braam (my second mom)


The beautiful diaper cake my mom made!
Baby G's unofficial "Aunt" Megan

No comments: