Wednesday, December 26, 2012

New Orleans


After our 12 day adventure, we just made it back to Denver and I haven't had a chance to upload cruise photos yet. Here are a few New Orleans teaser photos from our phones until I get all our photos uploaded! We had a WONDERFUL cruise vacation and also enjoyed our time in Missouri for Christmas. More to come!

Hopping a plane to New Orleans - I'm enjoying my new built in arm rest!


In celebration of Stuart's 50th birthday, Chris brought back the 'stash for the night before we left on the cruise, because after all, "Imitation is the highest form of flattery." Happy 50th birthday Stuart! (I'm happy to report he shaved before we left on the cruise. Maybe I'm a party pooper, but I didn't want cruise photos to include the mustache.)


Our ship ported in New Orleans so we were able to spend the Saturday after the cruise exploring the city. I visited NOLA with my family several years ago, but it was Chris' first time in the french city. There is so much to see and do in the city, we tried to see as much as we could in one day!

Started the morning by hopping on a trolley/street car, and made a trip to the French Quarter to visit Cafe Du Monde - famous for beignets and cafe au lait. Our favorite breakfast cafe in Denver is Lucielle's Creole Cafe, proudly serving Cafe Du Monde coffee and beignets. I had been introduced to this gem in New Orleans with my family, so Chris needed to experience it first hand!






We walked through the French Quarter and made a stop on Bourbon Street - famous for jazz and of course, Mardi Gras. After walking several blocks, this is the only street sign we could find, all the others had been stolen off the street posts!


In the afternoon, Chris and Julie went to the World War II museum and Katie, Kim and I went shopping. Julie is looking into donating WWII artifacts from Grandpa Powers to the museum, so they wanted to go and see the museum first hand. From what I heard, it was a great experience.




More photos to come! 

No comments: