Monday, October 1, 2012

Goodbye Old Faithful

The Jeep has served me well for 11 years, and though it was tough to part with, it was time to say goodbye. With a little one on the way, we decided it was best to get rid of a vehicle that could not transport a baby safely (note the plastic windows and a Jeep's notorious reputation for "rolling") and get something more practical. No folks, we did not buy a mini-van. We're not at that point in our lives, and really, hopefully never will be ;) 

As Chris became excited about the possibility of a different vehicle, he was so great about being patient with me in my mourning of this loss. After all, Jeep had be in my life for longer than he had (I reminded him of that) and for longer than many of my closest friends. Jeep has been with me through many adventures, good times and bad.

For high school... dance photos
hot summer days driving to Royals games
6 am "Survivor" workouts
countless swim practices
snowday donuts in parking lots
trendy zebra seat covers
Young Life shenanigans

For college... sorority bid days
late nights making Quik Trip hot cocoa runs with Chris
deafening 3 hours (countless times) driving Springfield - Kansas City
 multiple stolen stereo face plates 
(faceplates: dad started buying them in bulk on Ebay at one point) 
count them - 5 - total "break ins" into the Jeep in college
my first job out of college

And after college...the big move to colorado
2 apartments and 1 house
marriage, new jobs, grown up lives, and new friends

I will miss you my friend, but maybe someday we will reunite with a newer Jeep...
with fewer than 215k miles
that starts on the first time instead of the second time 
(though, it started on the second time, every time)
that has a horn that works, and turn signals that turn off after you turn a corner
that doesn't break down at 14,000 feet on a mountain
that doesn't fall out of 4-wheel drive climbing up a mountain
that doesn't get broken into repeatedly, or sat in by homeless people on Colfax

... like I said, the good times and the bad!



No comments: