Friday, December 16, 2011

My Little Art Project


I have been looking for a piece of decor to hang in between our two little windows above our bed, since we don't have a headboard. I have had the hardest time deciding what I want in that space, and what would work well between two square windows. I finally settled on ordering a vinyl wall cling, with maybe a quote or something about love, in white. In looking online I found you could order monograms, perfect! The only catch was that the size I wanted was going to be about $250 to order! YIKES! I woke up Saturday morning and had an epiphany, I could just paint a monogram! So I stripped the sheets off the bed, got the white paint down from the attic, and went to work. 

Meanwhile, Chris had been up for a couple of hours and was working on installing the waterline in the kitchen that would connect the sink to our new refrigerator, that was scheduled to be delivered Saturday morning. It's pretty common that Chris gets up early on weekend mornings, leaving me to sleep a couple of extra hours, and then comes in to check on me mid-morning. Saturday, he came in to check on me and found me painting our wall! I love that he trusts me enough to know that I have thought through the decisions I make without consulting him. Thankfully, he liked the finished art :)


And here's a quick picture of our new fridge! The final piece to the kitchen remodel!

No comments: