Friday, December 16, 2011

Cookies and Cocktails

It's the most wonderful time of the year! I love to bake and one of my favorite things to do at Christmastime is bake cookies. I have such wonderful memories from growing up baking with my mom and with Grammie (my dad's mom). I also enjoy showing love through baking, so I'm looking forward to bringing cookies back to Missouri for our Christmas visit!

We hosted a "Cookies and Cocktails" party this week and enjoyed celebrating the holiday season with our Colorado friends. Here are a few photos from the cookie spread!


Pretzels with a rolo and pecan on top. Pretzels with a Hershey's Hug Kiss and M&M on top.


Gingerbread men.


Our tree!


Sugar cookies rolled in red and green sugar, with a Hershey's Candy Cane Kiss in the middle. Sugar cut-out cookies, recipe from a sorority sister's mom.


Gingerbread stars with yellow royal icing. Chocolate dipped peanut butter Ritz sandwiches - these are a Gilstrap family tradition, so Chris made these for the party!


Peanut butter reindeer.


The coffee table with a center piece, carmel pecan pretzels, chocolate covered peanut butter Ritz sandwiches, and Hershey's Hugs pretzels.


The cookie tower...


A canvas I painted that says "O Holy Night, the Stars Are Brightly Shining, This is The Night Of Our Dear Savior's Birth" - I will have to post another photo that is close up.

No comments: