Saturday, October 2, 2010

Grandma J

My Grandma Jiles passed away last week. She lived a long, very full life with many happy memories with family and loved ones. She was a teacher for the majority of her life, and impacted the lives of many. We all went to Michigan for the funeral in celebration of her life. 

It's incredible the way that death gives you new perspective on life, and I've been spending a lot of time thinking about my life, and our life as a family. We've been talking about what our priorities are in life and what means the most to us. All of these thoughts and conversations are good things, just a lot to process and at times difficult to continue on with daily life when your heart is so heavy processing the bigger picture. It's incredible to think how short life really is, and how important it is to cherish every day, every moment, every memory.

While in Michigan we grieved and mourned, celebrated and reminisced, smiled and enjoyed time with family and friends.

This is a photo of my mom and her two sisters, with their husbands. I like this photo because mom is looking up smiling at dad :)  37 years later, they are still in love!




Our family - we haven't done a family photo since our wedding 2 years ago!


Photo of the 13 grand children and 4 great grand children. My grandparents had 5 children (3 daughters and 2 sons). It was great to have all the grandchildren together, we haven't had everyone together in a long time! Before my grandma died, Mollie asked her what her favorite thing in life was. She said it was to have the entire family together. I can't help but to think she was smiling down on us from heaven, seeing her family together.



Alayna (my youngest niece) asked someone at the reception to get her Coke, and sure enough someone gave her some (without my sister knowing!). As you can see from the photos below, she was pretty excited about getting Coke!



No comments: