Thursday, July 11, 2013

Mom is Back to Work

Well, three months flew by and now I'm back to work. I spent my last days at home wondering if I was making the right decision, and thinking thru how the next years of Amelia's life would look. I'm sure all working mom's go thru this, and I'm sure it takes time to adjust. 

Within a few days of being back, I realized how much I really had missed what I do. I love what I do. I love the challenges and learning new things. I love this time of year and planning for our annual conference. I love who I work with. I really do have the best colleagues in the world, and we are more than just people that work together, we're friends. 

I'm happy I felt this way when I returned - it was the needed confirmation that I had made the right decision. And I'm excited to see what the coming months and years bring, and the new challenges that I'll get to experience. It will take time to adjust - everything about being a new parent does take time to figure out. But I am certainly excited!

I know I will miss spending all day, everyday with my munchkin, but being back at work doesn't change how much I love her - it just means I will have to be that much more intentional about spending nights and weekends together.

Here are a couple photos from Amelia at school, doesn't she look like she's having so much fun?!



Mom and Amelia came to visit me at work - Amelia obviously found what I do to be very boring :)

No comments: