Monday, January 21, 2013

Birthday Weekend

My first official birthday as a mama was the best birthday weekend on record! My parents came to Denver for a week and helped us with lots of odds and ends around the house. They accomplish more in one day than we accomplish in months. Everything from buying under bed storage containers, to insulating our back door, to finding a resale crib online (and going to get it!), to finding a deal on a new rug for our living room - the list goes on an on. They didn't have any major home renovations on their "to-do" list, but the little details were really what was helpful this week!

Here's a quick pick of the two loves in my life right now, my beau and my belle. I crossed over into the 3rd trimester and at 28 weeks, I'm still feeling pretty good. Another highlight of only having 12 weeks to go is that I've also crossed over into a stretchy-waistband-only policy, which is fabulous, and I'm considering never going back to jeans or slacks, even post-pregnancy!

The love of my life spoiled me all weekend (and really all month - it is my month of honor after all, right Gigi?)



We found the perfect used crib online, and at the price I was willing to pay for a used crib, we also got a mattress and waterproof crib protector. What a deal! The curves in the crib match the curves of the Craigslist changing table perfectly, I think they may have been sold as a set when they were new!



We had DELICIOUS breakfast at Denver Biscuit Company. We had heard good things about this breakfast cafe, but hadn't tried it yet. My only regret is that we didn't try it sooner, what a gem! Note: Chris' Biscuit Club with chicken, bacon, lettuce and tomato (for breakfast?)


Look at the size of that cinnamon roll! I'm a total sucker for sweets, and I became concerned when I had no desire for sweets the first 5 months of my pregnancy. It was alarming! My entire life I would have rather had dessert than dinner, or a cookie before breakfast, a total sucker for anything sweet! Fortunately, I'm back to normal, and couldn't pass up this cinnamon roll on the menu - to share with the table of course. Just think about all the delicious dessert I would be missing out on if my sweet tooth had gone away for good.

We enjoyed a DELICIOUS birthday cake, that was just what I wanted! At the beginning of our relationship, Chris would try to read my mind and guess what I wanted so he could surprise me (resulting sometimes in disappointment on both ends). He quickly discovered it was much easier to ask me to pick out what I want for my birthday and he can deliver. Now, we're both happy because he knows how to make my dreams come true, and ultimately, that's any man's wish for the love in his life. Oh, the differences between dating and marriage, we just keep getting wiser!


My parents treated Chad, Michelle, Chris and I for a DELICIOUS Italian dinner at La Scala, a little local eatery we pass every day on the way to work, but have never tried out. The restaurant only had about 10 tables, and we enjoyed the intimate setting for time together.


Michelle's mom sent a package of homemade goodies for Baby G, including a wonderful airplane burp cloth. Chris was VERY excited that it was airplanes, but I sense a little hesitation in this photo at the concept of burping a baby.


She also sent a homemade "Udder Cover" for nursing - she's so sweet!


Also, dad made me a FABULOUS jewelry holder! We got the idea on Pinterest and he made it for me, love it!

No comments: