Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Special Wedding

I spent last weekend in Little Rock, Arkansas for a very special wedding! One of my Young Life girls was getting married! I feel so old thinking about how I first met these women their freshman year of high school, when they were at Kickapoo and I was at Drury. Our friendship grew over the 4 years in Springfield, and I graduated and moved to Denver, and they too graduated and moved out of state for college. 

Now, 4 years later, I had the incredible opportunity to see them again, and at such a joyful time, to celebrate the unity of marriage! The bridesmaids and groomsmen were fellow Young Life leaders whom she led alongside after she left Springfield and met in college. I've had many moments over the last 8 years, wondering what God was doing with me in their lives, wondering if all the hours in prayer and quality time spent together was with the purpose of something greater. It was so neat last weekend to see a little glimpse of the legacy God has used me for, and now used my young life girls for. And, I felt like I got a little glimpse at what it must be like to be a mom, to beam with joy and pride to see someone you love so much grow up before your eyes. So happy, so full of joy, and so excited for my friends! In my heart, they will always be my Young Life girls, but now, I'm honored to call them my friends.

 



2 comments:

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Sarah, you look beautiful!!!