Sunday, May 20, 2012

Arthritis Walk 2012

This was a unique 4th year for us at the Arthritis Walk. I wasn't able to participate in the walk because I was still recovering from my foot surgery, which coincidentally, was directly related to my Rheumatoid Arthritis. In lieu, we volunteered at the walk, and were able to see lots of our friends that are involved with the Arthritis Foundation. 

The past years at the walk have been empowering, celebrating my health and wellbeing, and how well I was doing in managing and living with this disease. This year did not feel the same way, and instead it was difficult to admit that I continue to battle this illness, as the last three months have been a challenging time in my life having Rheumatoid Arthritis. 

A few days after the walk, I found peace in recognizing this experience was representative of my journey with Rheumatoid Arthritis. I may have periods of time in my life where I will not be able to be active, to take summer walks or hop right up out of bed in the morning. I will always have ups and downs, but the difficult times make the good times that much more rewarding and fulfilling. And up until now, the number of good times have far surpassed the number of hard times. I am so thankful and blessed to have my husband by my side through it all, and the never ceasing support of my family and friends beside me.


No comments: