Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy New Year!

We got home from our trip to Missouri and we were both sick. Chris shook it off a bit quicker than I did, and by New Years eve, I was still trying to catch up on rest and beat my sinus infection. We ended up touring Stranahan's Whiskey Distillery (Colorado whiskey) with some friends and having dinner at the restaurant onsite. Later we headed over to a friend's house for snacks and good conversation. Below are photos from the tour, and tasting.

 

Copper kettles where the whiskey magic happens...


This was my reaction after the whiskey tasting...


Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper owns this barrel because of it's significance. I may get this wrong, but I believe there are 52 gallons in a barrel, so the 1,000th barrel was 5,200 gallons, which is similar to Denver's elevation of 5280 feet.

No comments: