Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Big 2-5!

For my birthday, Chris surprised me by spoiling me all day Saturday. We started with breakfast at a new breakfast place in Cherry Creek called Syrup. I had delicious Banana's Foster Pancakes and he had Eggs Benedict, his usual. Then we were off to a 60-minute massage appointment he had made for me. It was wonderful. 

Next he took me shopping... I received a few gift cards for Christmas and hadn't had a free weekend yet to shop, so we cruised through Sur La Table, New York and Company and LOFT. It was a successful shopping trip! The most exciting new toy is a mini-Cuisinart food processor that we're looking forward to using for homemade guacamole and salsa.

We went back to the house to change for dinner, and we had dinner reservations at Simms Steakhouse. It was a surprise and was wonderful! The restaurant sits up on a hill, just west of Denver, and the entire east side of the restaurant is windows, with a panoramic view of Denver. It was really beautiful and we both enjoyed our entrees - Salmon for me and Prime Rib for him. YUM! 

Not that my heart is won by food, but he did do a great job planning a perfect birthday dinner, and a perfect birthday Saturday. Thank you Christopher, I love you!



1 comment:

Shirley said...

I'm finally feeling better and getting caught up - your blog is among my priorities! Your birthday "day" sounds like it made you feel like the special woman you are. Kudos to Chris for the ability and desire to do that!
That mini-Cuisinart can be a lifesaver! Don't you love "wasting time" in Sur la Table? And, your beginning and ending foods for your B-day. OMG, is all I have to say.

Great pics on the subsequent posts, too,as well as descriptions. I love it.