Monday, November 22, 2010

A Tribute to Bill Duvall

"I did this because I knew my dad would have done the same thing for me. He did actually, several times he came and helped me work on our house projects. I know that this is what he would have done for me, so I wanted to do it for you" - Bill Duvall


Dad moved into the kitchen of our cozy 700 sq. foot 1 bed/1 bath on June 1 and moved out November 9 (with a couple week long breaks, and one month off in between). He finished on Veterans Day, which is a very special day to him and to our family, and also significant, he finished during the first week of snow in Denver!

He taught us both a lot about casting a vision, planning and building a (little) dream home of our own. More specifically he taught us about framing a house, measuring, measuring again, raising a roof, plumbing, electrical work, installing bathroom fixtures, tiling, insulation, siding, building a deck, and so much more. Even more than teaching about construction, he taught us life lessons about examining our own generosity, kindness, selflessness, attitude and acts of service through modeling it daily to us.

We are so thankful for all he has done for our little home, and for us as newlyweds living our wedded bliss dream in Colorado. We are immeasurably blessed by his selfless generosity and forever grateful for him in our lives. WE LOVE YOU DAD!

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Another beautiful piece of artwork completed. Your Dad is truly amazing with his talent. It looks beautiful and yes, just in time for the holidays. Enjoy.