Friday, February 20, 2009

ZTA Centennial Extravaganza

Last weekend in Springfield was a lot of fun. It was great that we got to see so many close friends and family in such a quick trip. 

Top highlights:
- breakfast with Stuart, Julie, Kim, Katie and Kendra at Gailey's
- surprise manicure with Hilary (from Chris for Valentines Day)
- Chris crowing the 2009 Joe College (I think it was my first official "proud wifey" moment!)
- seeing Zetas galore!
- seeing Blosser
- breakfast the next day with Carrie, Mont, Jacquelyn, Andrea and Matt at Gailey's (the guy working said, "Back again?" Our answer, "Duh.")
- gourmet lunch with Mollie, Christine, Aubri, Alayna and chef Dad 

The ZTA Centennial dinner was great, and so inspiring. Many women there were quite a bit older than us young ones, and it was neat to see how committed they still are to sisterhood. Megan Blosser sang the song she wrote about Zeta and it was amazing (see video below).

"Some days I'm on top of the world, others I'm on my knees, and I can't do this on my own... In this life I'm gonna try, gonna cry, but I know that it will be alright. Gonna smile, gonna fight, gonna fly. I'm gonna live, gonna hope, found my home here with my biggest fans. They love me for who I am, they love me for who I am."



Megan Blosser at ZTA Centennial from Sarah Gilstrap on Vimeo.

No comments: